Bits & Pieces -
check the Event Listing for future happenings
and the Blog Pages for recent news
* President's Precis, June 2017: please distribute a copy to all in your group.
* Certificate of Competency in Hand Spinning: Interested? Check out the blog.
* Backstrap Weaving: Call for interest in a Backstrap Weaving workshop, see the flyer.
* Library: Have you checked out the latest additions to the library?
* Website change: Blogs about Workshops are now on a page under Workshops.
* Congratulations and a big Thank You to all the Guild members who volunteered for the current committee. See your committee here.
* Island Yarn Deadlines: Autumn edition end of 1st week in February; Winter edition end of 1st week in May; Spring edition end of 1st week in August; Summer edition end of 1st week in November.
* Advertising in Island Yarns: Members may advertise up to Two Lines (approx 30 words), for Free. Other prices: Up to 5 lines of text, no picture is $10. Up to half a page, with picture(s) is $40. Full page with picture(s) is $75. Payment must be made to the Treasurer in full before the advert will appear in the next issue of Island Yarns newsletter. Island Yarns is printed and mailed to every member quarterly. Contact the editor.
* Library News: Browse the Guild library online. This is not a loan facility but it does let you know what the Guild has in the way of brilliant library resources. The weird, the wonderful, the old, the new. Check it out
* Do potential members ask you "Why should I join the Guild?". Here are some reasons why.
HWSD Guild of Tasmania