Bits & Pieces - check the Event Listing for future happenings
A message from the President: A Merry Christmas and Peaceful New Year wishes to you and yours for 2017. Thank you to everyone in the Guild for your great contribution to fibre craft - we look forward to even more creativity next year. See you all on Ross Summer Day - "Leaves" is the theme. A special thank you to all on the Committee, the Yarn Store, the Website and Island Yarns for all you have done this year for the Guild and its members. All the best, Eva (President)
* Guild rooms on Thursdays: resume Thursday 19th January.
* Tamar Valley Spinners: resume Australia Day, 26th Jan, and continue every alternate Thursday.
* Take the Bus to SpinIN 2017: See the flyer from Coal River Bus
* 343 active members as of Spring 2016!!!
* Library: Have you checked out the latest additions to the library?
* Bothwell International Highland SpinIN & Fibre Festival 2017 : Val Payne tribute item, Mary Simon Challenge item, and more. Go here for forms!
* Website change: Blogs about Workshops are now on a page under Workshops.
* Congratulations and a big Thank You to all the Guild members who volunteered for the current committee. See your committee here.
* New Island Yarn Deadlines: Autumn edition end of 1st week in February; Winter edition end of 1st week in May; Spring edition end of 1st week in August; Summer edition end of 1st week in November.
* Advertising in Island Yarns: Members may advertise up to Two Lines (approx 30 words), for Free. Other prices: Up to 5 lines of text, no picture is $10. Up to half a page, with picture(s) is $40. Full page with picture(s) is $75. Payment must be made to the Treasurer in full before the advert will appear in the next issue of Island Yarns newsletter. Island Yarns is printed and mailed to every member quarterly. Contact the editor.
* Library News: Browse the Guild library online. This is not a loan facility but it does let you know what the Guild has in the way of brilliant library resources. The weird, the wonderful, the old, the new. Check it out
* Do potential members ask you "Why should I join the Guild?". Here are some reasons why.
Saori weaving by Joy R