Bits & Pieces - check the Event Listing for future happenings
* New Norfolk Group: Have had a change of venue, they now meet at The Mens Shed, Blair st, New Norfolk!!!!!!!! Sounds like fun, go out and join them one day. If your group has had a change of venue, or contact point, please inform the web elf & the newsletter editor.
* Backstrap Weaving: Call for interest in a Backstrap Weaving workshop, see the flyer.
* Tamar Valley Spinners: resumed Australia Day, 26th Jan, and continue every alternate Thursday.
* Take the Bus to SpinIN 2017: See the flyer from Coal River Bus
* 343 active members as of Spring 2016!!!
* Library: Have you checked out the latest additions to the library?
* Bothwell International Highland SpinIN & Fibre Festival 2017 : Val Payne tribute item, Mary Simon Challenge item, and more. Go here for forms!
* Website change: Blogs about Workshops are now on a page under Workshops.
* Congratulations and a big Thank You to all the Guild members who volunteered for the current committee. See your committee here.
* Island Yarn Deadlines: Autumn edition end of 1st week in February; Winter edition end of 1st week in May; Spring edition end of 1st week in August; Summer edition end of 1st week in November.
* Advertising in Island Yarns: Members may advertise up to Two Lines (approx 30 words), for Free. Other prices: Up to 5 lines of text, no picture is $10. Up to half a page, with picture(s) is $40. Full page with picture(s) is $75. Payment must be made to the Treasurer in full before the advert will appear in the next issue of Island Yarns newsletter. Island Yarns is printed and mailed to every member quarterly. Contact the editor.
* Library News: Browse the Guild library online. This is not a loan facility but it does let you know what the Guild has in the way of brilliant library resources. The weird, the wonderful, the old, the new. Check it out
* Do potential members ask you "Why should I join the Guild?". Here are some reasons why.
Have you checked out the Yarn Store lately?