top of page
- 22 Apr, 10:00 am – 4:00 pmSt Marks Anglican Church Parish Hall, 7 E Westbury Pl, Deloraine TAS 7304, AustraliaJoin the Deloraine Spinners for a day of fibre fun, with suppliers attending (including Letitia from Wynyard, who provides fleece cleaning and carding services). Stock up your stash or equipment for winter fibre activities and enjoy the hospitality and friendliness of the Deloraine group!
- Sat 03 Jun03SatJunLearn to Spin - SOUTH 2023/St George's Anglican Church03 June, 10:00 am – 17 June, 4:00 pmSt George's Anglican Church, 30 Cromwell St, Battery Point TAS 7004, AustraliaLearn to spin raw wool fleece into yarn. During this workshop, you will learn how to wash, prepare, spin and ply a basic 2 ply yarn from wool. No previous knowledge or experience of spinning is required. Wool fleece will be supplied for the workshop. ENROLMENT FOR THIS WORKSHOP OPENS 29 APRIL 2023.
- 15 July, 10:00 am – 29 July, 4:00 pmSt George's Anglican Church, 30 Cromwell Street, Battery Point TAS 7004, AustraliaWeaving has never been easier! Want to learn how to weave on one of the easiest looms ever? Absolute beginners can produce fabric virtually overnight! Join us for a small class where you’ll learn how to set up a rigid heddle loom on one Saturday and finish a simple woven item the next class.
- 18 Aug, 10:00 am – 19 Aug, 4:00 pmSt George’s Anglican Church, 30 Cromwell St, Battery Point TAS 7004, AustraliaIntroduction to 4 shaft weaving workshop. This 2 day workshop to be held over two consecutive days In August 2023 and will teach the new weaver a step by step approach to weaving a scarf on a four shaft loom.
- 02 Sept, 10:00 am – 16 Sept, 4:00 pmBattery Point, 30 Cromwell St, Battery Point TAS 7004, AustraliaThis workshop is for those who have attended the Absolute Beginners' Rigid Heddle Workshop or who have basic skills in using the rigid heddle to create cloth, for example, a scarf. Extend your weaving repetoire with a range of new skills to produce more complex designs and beautiful cloth.
- 30 Sept, 10:00 am – 4:00 pmBattery Point, 30 Cromwell St, Battery Point TAS 7004, AustraliaJoint our experienced tutor, Viv Crawford, who will help you learn to draft a pattern for your woven cloth so you can cut and sew a unique garment. ENROLMENT OPENS 4 WEEKS BEFORE THE WORKSHOP, and no places can be set aside for participants before this.
- Time is TBDLocation is TBDThe Guild is seeking expressions of interest from members in attending this workshop if it is run in the North of the state. Please find details of the workshop below, and send an email to the Workshop Officer if you are keen to go ahead. The potential date would be in September/October 2023.
bottom of page