Welcome to the Handweavers, Spinners and Dyers Guild of Tasmania's website.
The Tasmanian Craft Fair 2019 will soon be upon us! We can't wait to see what great things will be on display.
* Update your contact list with the new Guild telephone number. 0418 485 868
Did you miss out on the last Learn to Spin Workshop? We've added another workshop, go here for details.
* President's Precis: April update now available HERE.
* Workshop Payments:
Direct transfer now available when paying for workshops. Each workshop will have a code which you are asked to quote when registering, and to be entered into the description field when paying by direct transfer via internet banking. The registration form for all workshops is to be found on the workshops page.
* 27th International Scarf Exchange: Wangaratta Stitched Up Textile Festival Saturday 6th to and including Sunday 14th July, 2019.
* Certificate of Competency in Hand Spinning: Interested? Check out the blog.
* What Group Meets when?: Look here for more information Table of Info
* Island Yarn Deadlines and Advertising:
Deadlines for the Guild Newsletter Island Yarns is as follows:
- Autumn edition the end of the 1st week in February;
- Winter edition the end of the 1st week in May;
- Spring edition the end of the 1st week in August;
- Summer edition the end of the 1st week in November.
Members may advertise up to Two Lines (approx 30 words), for Free. Other prices: Up to 5 lines of text, no picture is $10. Up to half a page, with picture(s) is $40. Full page with picture(s) is $75. Payment must be made to the Treasurer in full before the advert will appear in the next issue of Island Yarns newsletter. Island Yarns is printed and mailed to every member quarterly. Contact the editor.
* Do potential members ask you "Why should I join the Guild?". Here are some reasons why.