check the Event Listing for future happenings and the Blog Pages for recent news
* Reminder! Guild Xmas Closure:
Guild rooms, yarn store and library will close Dec 13th and reopen January 17th 2019. You still have a chance to return library items or purchase that last minute wool-centric gift.
* Guild Xmas Gathering: Please join us on Thursday Dec 13th at Battery Point. Parking is limited, so you may wish to carpool. Shared lunch begins at noon, members are requested to bring a sharing plate.
* New Workshop announced: If you are new to weaving, or want to learn more about planning weaving, understanding pattern drafts, winding a warp and dressing a loom, then this is the workshop for you! Check out the Workshop page for more information about upcoming workshops in 2019
* Vacancy: Workshop Officer.
* President's Precis: November update available HERE.
* Workshop Payments:
Direct transfer now available when paying for workshops. Each workshop will have a code which you are asked to quote when registering, and to be entered into the description field when paying by direct transfer via internet banking. The registration form for all workshops is to be found on the workshops page.
* Bothwell SpinIN 2019:
* 27th International Scarf Exchange:
* Show and Sell: the 2018 Pop-Up exhibition, Pics here
* Congratulations and a big Thank You to all the Guild members who volunteered for the current committee.
* Certificate of Competency in Hand Spinning: Interested? Check out the blog.
* Island Yarn Deadlines and Advertising:
Autumn edition end of 1st week in February; Winter edition end of 1st week in May; Spring edition end of 1st week in August; Summer edition end of 1st week in November.
Members may advertise up to Two Lines (approx 30 words), for Free. Other prices: Up to 5 lines of text, no picture is $10. Up to half a page, with picture(s) is $40. Full page with picture(s) is $75. Payment must be made to the Treasurer in full before the advert will appear in the next issue of Island Yarns newsletter. Island Yarns is printed and mailed to every member quarterly. Contact the editor.
* Do potential members ask you "Why should I join the Guild?". Here are some reasons why.
Merry Xmas Everyone