Launceston branch had our medal ceremony and afternoon tea today to celebrate our Tour spinning.
We had about 12 spinners involved.
Prizes included and were won by:
· Most meterage spin – taken out by Avryl
· Biggest weight – won by Wendy
· Most number fibres-16 different ones spun by the Justine
· Most hours were won by Vanessa-76 hours
Those who achieved their challenge goals -
- Michelle- chain plying
- Cheryl- mastering her new espinner
- Sara, learnt to spin Crepe yarn
- Kaye mastered Alpaca blending and spinning
- Blanche succeeded in spinning and finishing an article
- Kathy- is more comfortable spinning on her new Tara wheel
- Vanessa actually won every category- she spun a mammoth amount over the three weeks.
We all brought along French food for afternoon tea including plenty of cheese,
chocolate eclairs, French tea cake, petit fours, macarons and pate.